Back in 1996 or 1997, the Oric Project had a number of logos in use, most of which were hand-made bitmaps or badly scanned from Oric documents or photos. When I took over the Oric Software Page for a brief time, I decided I needed a decent logo, and made one. I used a scanned document (I forget which), which I then traced with a nascent pre-1.0 Gimp1. I made it into a TIF and released it to the Oric Project. Now, I ﬁnd myself needing a vector one, so I traced the original again. This time in Inkscape. Here are the results. I have made my best to keep the Persian Flaws of the original, but couldn't help but correct a few issues here and there. Here it is; enjoy!
The Oric Logo vector remake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- 1. There were no good vector drawing packages for Linux back then. Unless you counted Xﬁg, which I used a lot for LaTeX work, but hated with a passion reserved only for its clunky, counter-intuitive, crash-prone user interface.