The original, A3 version of the character record sheet.
The sheets were large enough to be comfortable and folded in two to hide private information from other players. There was a third, addendum side with more inventory and spell slots. I had completely forgotten its existence until I found the original. One suspicion is that ‘version 2’ was the version with this addendum.
And no wonder: it was drafted and plotted—not drawn and printed. The plotter was an HP DraftMaster II, which is a pen plotter, not a modern ‘plotter’ with a print-head that prints arbitrary bitmaps. The fonts are vector fonts, but with uniform line thickness. Standard architectural fare. I was learning to draft on AutoCAD at the time, and I had no other software that could do this.
The thick borders (drawn radially!) and dotted lines punished the DraftMaster II, but it worked out okay. It took a while to plot, so I plotted it on thick card and photocopied it on A3. The original seems to have survived for 29 years and is still nice and white. The original
.dwg files were lost in a Stacker accident, so the last plots are all I have. The vast majority of our printing devices are bitmap ones now, so a scan works out okay. Not that anyone would ever print it!