Back in 1996 or 1997, the Oric Project had a number of logos in use, most of which were hand-made bitmaps or badly scanned from Oric documents or photos. When I took over the Oric Software Page for a brief time, I decided I needed a decent logo, and made one. I used a scanned document (I forget which), which I then traced with a nascent pre-1.0 Gimp1. I made it into a TIF and released it to the Oric Project. Now, I find myself needing a vector one, so I traced the original again. This time in Inkscape. Here are the results. I have made my best to keep the Persian Flaws of the original, but couldn't help but correct a few issues here and there. Here it is; enjoy! The Oric Logo vector remake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Please note that all of the samples below are in the SVG format (which modern browsers can finally all display). You can save the samples and resize (or edit them) all you want.
- 1 There were no good vector drawing packages for Linux back then. Unless you counted Xfig, which I used a lot for LaTeX work, but hated with a passion reserved only for its clunky, counter-intuitive, crash-prone user interface.